Monday, December 7, 2009

An Introduction

Healing as a Paladin has given me both the most rewarding and frustrating experiences I have had in WoW. I hope to use this blog to help others interested in starting or continuing healing on their Pally and to begin discussion about the finer points of Pally healing.
Before I dive in however, here's a little about myself. I play a level 80 Paladin named Sonzak on the Cenarion Circle US server. I am an officer in a small 10 (and recently 25) man guild called Of Sins and Shadows [or OSAS for short :] I absolutely love my class and my role, although I partially despise blood elves. WoW and I have had a love/hate relationship that began a few months after the game was released in 2004. I also played a paladin then, although I couldn't tell you his name or accomplishments because he had none. I stopped about a month later because I didn't have any friends online and was tired of soloing. After Burning Crusade I also started a new, Space-Goat Paladin and also got bored. I tried a Blood Elf Priest and hated that too. I stopped again for the same reasons as before.
However, there is a happy ending to our love story. Around July of 2008 I tried WoW again and on a random chance found a guild of hardcore raiders that seemed to like me despite my level. I was the only player below level 70 but by November I had gotten to 80 along with them. I raided with them for about 6 months on their 25 man team with my Dwarf Paladin named Orcath. The guild unfortunately had a violent ending and right before Ulduar was released, I stopped playing for about 2 months. It was then that I discovered many of my real life friends were playing on a server together and transferred my Paladin to their server, changed factions and became who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment